By Rachel Sanders
When did it become cool to hate on Thanksgiving? Seems like more than ever, we tend to blast through Thanksgiving before it’s even here, focusing on Christmas. What is wrong with you people??? You do know about stuffing, right? In celebration of all the glories of Thanksgiving, let’s run down a list of why this holiday is special, besides the obvious giving-thanks part…and football. Okay, here we go…
1. The entire point of Thanksgiving is stuffing your face. And maybe some gratitude stuff too, sure, whatever. But everyone’s here for the gluttony. What goal could be more noble, more true, more AMERICAN?
2. There are so many foods on the table that everyone’s bound to find something they love. Even those with Special Diet Needs. Some ideas: Gorgeous Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Desserts; Delicious Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes; Vegan Recipes That Are Perfect For Thanksgiving; Recipes For A Paleo Thanksgiving; Delicious Vegetarian Recipes For Thanksgiving
3. You’re allowed to put bacon in every food!! No, really, EVERY food.
4. Same goes for bourbon. 😉 Like in a sweet potato kugel, for instance.
5. It’s one of the few days a year that your parents can’t complain about you drinking to wild excess. (Because they’re doing it too.)
6. It’s a secular holiday, so everyone can celebrate it with equal enthusiasm!!!
7. There’s a huge frickin’ bird involved. Is turkey the most delicious poultry on the earth? No. Is it closer to a small dinosaur than a large bird? Sure. Is it kind of a pain to buy, store, and cook. YES. But this bird is my bird. This bird is your bird. It is the BIRD OF AMERICA.
8. But the “side” dishes get all the real glory, as they should. Every potato grows up looking forward to this day its whole life.
9. The cooking is actually way easier than you think. No one will care if it isn’t fancy. Hate to say it, but Thanksgiving is all about quantity. Sure, you CAN spend three days slaving over an elaborate feast. But do you have to? Absolutely not.
10. Only on Thanksgiving is eating 17 pieces of pie a reasonable thing to do. Obviously that’s not going to stop true enthusiasts from pie bingeing on other days, but it’s nice when no one gives you side-eye.
11. Stuffing exists. “It’s just bread chunks,” you say. Oh, but it’s SPECIAL bread chunks.
12. Finally, in conclusion: THE LEFTOVERS. FOR DAYS!!
So, now you know. Get out there and celebrate our uniquely American holiday to its fullest!
Pete Solis Collision Center is El Paso’s Auto Body Shop! With over 47 years of experience behind us, we are the top choice for body work, paint, and more. We are the home to ICAR certified professional body shop technicians, as well as quality Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes. Pete Solis Collision Center is located at 1434 Lomaland Dr. in El Paso, Texas. Give us a call today at (915) 599-8666. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.